Master of Science in Computer Science
The Master of Science in Computer Science (MS CS) program (Blended only) emphasizes comprehension and understanding of the principles and concepts needed for designing and formulating new tools for applications development as well as generating new knowledge in the field. The MSCS program aims to provide both breath and in-depth knowledge in the concepts and techniques related to the design, implementation and applications of computer systems.
Students entering in the degree program must have completed undergraduate course that provide the mathematical foundations for mathematical logic, calculus, discrete mathematics, data structures, computer programming and data organizations.
Program Educational Objectives
Within the five years after graduation, the graduates of MS Computer Science program shall have:
- Engaged in professional development or post-graduate education to pursue flexible career paths adapting to future technological changes in information technology and related fields;
- Demonstrated professionalism and a sense of societal and ethical responsibility in information technology practice, development and in all their endeavors; and
- Articulated their expertise in making technical contributions to design, develop, and solve problems in their practice of information technology which meet the desired needs of the society.
The graduates of MS Computer Science program will:
- Be able to use advanced mathematical methods to analyse the complexity of algorithms.
- Have the ability to use state-of-the-art patterns and frameworks to design, analyse, and assess software architectures.
- Understand modern software engineering concepts, techniques, practices, and tools, and will be able to apply them to the development of complex software systems.
- Have acquired advanced knowledge and skills in one or more specialized areas of computer science.
- Be able to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Embrace lifelong learning and exhibit the knowledge, skills and attitude for adapting to new environments and technologies.