Master in Information Technology (Blended or Fully Online)
The Master in Information Technology (MIT) program emphasizes the acquisition of concepts and technologies preparing and enabling the student for industrial practice of systems, integration, systems administration, systems planning, systems implementation and other activities that maintain the integrity and proper functionality of a system and its components.
The MIT program aims to develop among its students the knowledge of information technology (IT) concepts, techniques, and principles, and skills in using IT to provide solutions to problems of organization and society.
Program Educational Objectives
Within the five years after graduation, the graduates of Master in Information Technology program shall have:
- Engaged in professional development or post-graduate education to pursue flexible career paths adapting to future technological changes in information technology and related fields;
- Demonstrated professionalism and a sense of societal and ethical responsibility in information technology practice, development and in all their endeavors; and
- Articulated their expertise in making technical contributions to design, develop, and solve problems in their practice of information technology which meet the desired needs of the society.
The graduates of Master in Information Technology program will have an ability to:
- Apply information technology principles and practices.
- Apply suitable software engineering principles and practices to develop and maintain stable, secure, scalable, and maintainable software.
- Produce effective solutions to complex information technology problems.
- Recommend appropriate information technology solutions based on organizational needs and an evaluation of alternatives.
- Identify and discuss professional, individual, organizational, societal, and regulatory implications of information systems and technology.
- Select technologies, policies, and procedures to assure the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of information and IT systems.