Bachelor of Science in Information Technology (Fully Online or Blended)
Accredited by the Computing Accreditation Commission (CAC) of ABET (www.abet.org)
Accredited by the Philippine Information and Computing Accreditation Board (PICAB)
Recognized by PACUCOA Level I Formal Status
The BS Information Technology (BS IT) program includes the study of the utilization of both hardware and software technologies involving planning, installing, customizing, operating, managing and administering, and maintaining information technology infrastructure that provides computing solutions to address the needs of an organization.
The program prepares graduates to address various user needs involving the selection, development, application, integration and management of computing technologies within an organization.
Program Education Objectives
Within three to five years after graduation, the graduates of BS Information Technology shall:
- Be able to manage as a team leader and/or participate as a team member in undertaking computing projects whose results will lead to significant societal, organizational, national, and/or global benefits.
- Engage in lifelong learning toward the pursuit of graduate and/or post-graduate degrees and/or professional development.
- Demonstrate utmost standards of professionalism, attitude, and ethics to achieve excellence in the practice of his/her profession.
The graduates of BS Information Technology program will have an ability to:
- Analyse a complex computing problem and to apply principles of computing and other relevant disciplines to identify solutions.
- Design, implement, and evaluate a computing-based solution to meet a given set of computing requirements in the context of the program’s discipline.
- Communicate effectively in a variety of professional contexts.
- Recognize professional responsibilities and make informed judgments in computing practice based on legal and ethical principles.
- Function effectively as a member or leader of a team engaged in activities appropriate to the program’s discipline.
- Use systemic approaches to select, develop, apply, integrate, and administer secure computing technologies to accomplish user goals.