Bachelor of Science in Information Systems
Accredited by the Computing Accreditation Commission (CAC) of ABET (www.abet.org)
Accredited by the Philippine Information and Computing Accreditation Board (PICAB)
Recognized by PACUCOA Candidate Status
Program Education Objectives
Within the five years after graduation, the graduates of Information Systems program shall have:
- Undertaken projects that show ability to solve complex technical problems and to work in teams on problems whose solutions lead to significant societal benefits.
- Demonstrated professional computing success via promotions and/or positions of increasing responsibility.
- Demonstrated life-long learning via progress toward completion of an advanced degree, professional development or computing related training courses and certification/s
- Undertaken projects that take into consideration safety, health, environmental concerns and the public welfare, through adherence to required codes and laws.
- Exhibited high standards of professional behaviour and attitude.
- Applied personal standards to achieve excellence.
- An ability to apply knowledge of computing and mathematics appropriate to the discipline
- An ability to analyze a problem, and identify and define the computing requirements appropriate to its solution
- An ability to design, implement, and evaluate a computer-based system, process, component, or program to meet desired needs
- An ability to function effectively on teams to accomplish a common goal
- An understanding of professional, ethical, legal, security and social issues
- An ability to communicate effectively with a range of audiences
- An ability to analyze the local and global impact of computing on individuals, organizations, and society
- Recognition of the need for and an ability to engage in continuing professional development
- An ability to use current techniques, skills, and tools necessary for computing practice.
- An understanding of processes that support the delivery and management of information systems within a specific application environment.