Bachelor of Science in Information Systems
Accredited by the Computing Accreditation Commission (CAC) of ABET (www.abet.org)
Accredited by the Philippine Information and Computing Accreditation Board (PICAB)
Recognized by PACUCOA Candidate Status
Program Education Objectives
Within the five years after graduation, the graduates of BS Information Systems program shall have:
- Undertaken projects that show ability to solve complex technical problems and to work in teams on problems whose solutions lead to significant societal benefits.
- Demonstrated professional computing success via promotions and/or positions of increasing responsibility.
- Demonstrated life-long learning via progress toward completion of an advanced degree, professional development or computing related training courses and certification/s
- Undertaken projects that take into consideration safety, health, environmental concerns and the public welfare, through adherence to required codes and laws.
- Exhibited high standards of professional behaviour and attitude.
- Applied personal standards to achieve excellence.
The graduates of BS Information Systems program will have an ability to:
- Analyse a complex computing problem and to apply principles of computing and other relevant disciplines to identify solutions.
- Design, implement, and evaluate a computing-based solution to meet a given set of computing requirements in the context of the program’s discipline.
- Communicate effectively in a variety of professional contexts.
- Recognize professional responsibilities and make informed judgments in computing practice based on legal and ethical principles.
- Function effectively as a member or leader of a team engaged in activities appropriate to the program’s discipline.
- Support the delivery, use, and management of information systems within an information systems environment.