SoIT Graduate Programs
Frequently Asked Questions
- What kind of time commitment does the course require?
- How much is the tuition fee?
- Do I have to pay the entire tuition fee before classes start?
- When do Applications and Enrollment start?
- What do I need to submit to apply for Graduate/Post-Graduate Programs?
- Due to the current situation, I cannot complete the requirements (e.g. Transfer Certificate or Honorable Dismissal).
- Who do I contact for more information?
1. What kind of time commitment does the course require?
A: Students will spend 4.5 hours per subject, per week inside the classroom. The program will follow the Quarterm System, pioneered by Mapúa University, where each term consists of 11 weeks. Classes will be held in the Makati Campus and typical class schedules are Weekday Evenings and Saturdays.
UPDATE: To cope up with the current pandemic, for Academic Year 2020-2021, we will be offering another section catering specifically for Online Classes while the other section is for Blended Learning (mix of Online and In-Person).
2. How much is the matriculation fee per term?
A: Depending upon the number of courses / subjects enrolled, tuition fee is pegged at Php2,025.00 per unit (Php2,700 per unit for Master in Business Analytics) and total miscellaneous fee is Php4,950.00 per term.
3. Do I have to pay the entire matriculation fee before classes start?
A: It can be paid either in full or in installments.
4. When do Applications and Enrollment start?
A: For all Graduate/Post-Graduate Programs offered by the School of IT, applications can start anytime but we only admit new students during the First Term only (for programs except Master in Business Analytics), and First and Third Terms (for Master in Business Analytics).
Deadline of Applications for the First Term is on or before end of June and Third Term is on or before the 1st week of January. Late applications may not be reviewed in time for enrollment.
For SoIT Graduate Programs, we do not conduct Entrance / Admission Examinations. Our evaluation will be based on your submitted application documents.
Enrollment will be a week before Classes begin. Classes begin on the 1st week of August for First Term and third week of February for Third Term.
5. What do I need to submit to apply for Graduate/Post-Graduate Programs?
A: Requirements for Application for Graduate Studies programs:
- Accomplished Online Application Form
- Certificate of Transfer Credentials / Honorable Dismissal (for non-Mapua Graduates)
- Official Transcript of Records
- 2 Letters of Recommendation (In the online application, you need to provide email addresses of two people, preferably former professors or university officials, who will recommend you for the graduate program.)
- 2 x 2 ID photo
- Application Fee of Php400.00 for local residents or $50 for non-resident foreign applicants
- Certificate of English Proficiency (TOEFL, TOEIC, IELTS) for non-native English speakers
- Student Visa (for foreign nationals)
All requirements are now submitted online via Mapúa Digital Academics through this link.
6. Due to the current situation, I cannot complete the requirements (e.g. Transfer Certificate or Honorable Dismissal).
A: We understand your situation as most Colleges / Universities are closed as of the moment. Kindly let us know in your Application E-mail of the situation. For now, our minimum requirement is at least the Application Form, Letters of Recommendation, and a clear copy of your Transcript of Records as our evaluation will be based on the said documents.
7. Who do I contact for more information?
A: You can contact the School of IT at (02) 8247-5000 local 5804 or (02) 8891-0800 or firstname.lastname@example.org or m.me/soitmapuauniv; or the School of Graduate Studies at (02) 8247-5000 local 2103 or 2104 or (02) 8899-2261 or email@example.com.