Master in Business Analytics
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
- What kind of time commitment does the course require?
- How much is the tuition fee?
- Do I have to pay the entire tuition fee before classes start?
- Am I qualified to take up a Master in Business Analytics?
- What thesis do I need to produce?
- What do I need to submit to apply for the Master in Business Analytics?
- Who do I contact for more information?
1. What kind of time commitment does the course require?
A: Students will spend 4.5 hours per subject, per week inside the classroom. The program will follow the Quarterm System, pioneered by Mapua University, where each term consists of 11 weeks.
2. How much is the matriculation fee per term?
A: Depending upon the number of courses / subjects enrolled, matriculation is pegged at Php2,700.00 per unit and total miscellaneous fee is Php4,950.00 per term.
3. Do I have to pay the entire matriculation fee before classes start?
A: It can be paid either in full or in installments.
4. Am I qualified to take up a Master in Business Analytics?
A: Qualifications for the Master in Business Analytics program:
- Bachelor’s Degree of any science, technology, engineering and mathematics program with courses of Statistics, Programming, and Information Management;
- Otherwise, bridging courses will be required to be taken such as:
- Programming (structured)
- Database Management System
- Must have at least one year of relevant work experience.
5. What thesis do I need to produce?
A: Instead of a thesis or capstone project, a practicum will take place. It is during this phase where the students will be immersed in a company to work with real-life business problems. Students will use business data and apply analytics to solve problems, coached / mentored by seasoned professionals in the practice.
6. What do I need to submit to apply for the Master in Business Analytics?
A: Requirements for application for Master in Business Analytics program:
- Accomplished Graduate Student Application Form (should be printed in 8.5" x 13" paper)
- Certificate of Transfer Credentials / Honorable Dismissal (for non-Mapua Graduates)
- Original Transcript of Records and 1 photocopy
- Two (2) Letters of Recommendation (should be printed in 8.5" x 11" paper)
- Graduate Student Application Fee of Php400.00 (upon submission)
Submit all pertinent requirements to the School of Graduate Studies, 1st Floor, North Wing,
Mapúa University, Muralla St., Intramuros, Manila 1002 Philippines.
7. Who do I contact for more information?