Bachelor of Science in Entertainment and Multimedia Computing
Entertainment and Multimedia Computing (BS EMC) is the study and use of concepts, principles, and techniques of computing in the design and development of multimedia products and solutions. It includes various applications such as in science, entertainment, education, simulations and advertising.
The program enables the students to be knowledgeable of the whole pipeline of Game Development. The students will acquire the independence and creative competencies to articulate project design and requirements of new project, not necessarily based on standard templates.
One of the fields of specialization in EMC is Game Development. Game Development is the study and application of fundamental and advance theories in game design, scientific simulations, use and development of gaming technology and tools, and production of commercially acceptable digital games and viable solutions for use in entertainment and scientific applications. The objective of Game Development is to prepare the student to be game development professionals with specialized knowledge, competencies and values in designing, developing, and producing digital games and / or tools, and in managing game development projects for various applications.
The following are specific professions/careers/occupations or trades that graduate may pursue after satisfactory completing all the requirements leading to the degree of BS EMC Specialized in Game Development:
- Lead Game Programmer / Developer / Tools Developer
- Associate Technical Director / Game Designer
- Associate Game Quality Assurance Specialist
- Senior Interactive Software Developer
- Associate Game Producer
- Senior Game Sound Engineer
- Graphics Programmer
- Associate Business Development Specialist for Entertainment and Multimedia Industries
Program Educational Objectives
Within the five years after graduation, the graduates of BS Entertainment and Multimedia Computing program shall have:
- Undertaken projects that show ability to solve complex technical problems and to work in teams on problems whose solutions lead to significant societal benefits.
- Demonstrated professional computing success via promotions and/or positions of increasing responsibility.
- Demonstrated life-long learning via progress toward completion of an advanced degree, professional development or computing related training courses and certification/s.
- Undertaken projects that take into consideration safety, health, environmental concerns and the public welfare, through adherence to required codes and laws.
- Exhibited high standards of professional behaviour and attitude.
- Applied personal standards to achieve excellence.
The graduates of BS Entertainment and Multimedia Computing program will have:
- An ability to apply knowledge of mathematics, physical sciences, computing sciences to the practice of being an entertainment and multimedia computing professional.
- Specialized computing knowledge in each applicable field, and the ability to apply such knowledge to provide solutions to actual problems.
- A knowledge of contemporary issues.
- An ability to analyze project requirements and to design and implement project prototypes.
- An ability to recognize, formulate and solve computing problems.
- An ability to design, build, improve, and deploy products that meet client need with realistic constraints.
- An ability to use the appropriate techniques, skills and modern computing tools necessary for the practice of being a professional game developer or animator.
- An ability to work effectively in multi-disciplinary and multi-cultural teams.
- An ability to effectively communicate orally and in writing using English language.
- An ability to understand and assess local and global impacts of computing on society relevant to professional computing practice and subscription to accepted industry standards.
- An understanding of the effects and impacts of entertainment and multimedia computing projects on nature and society, and of their social and ethical responsibilities.
- An ability to create or use modified artifacts in consideration of intellectual property rights of the author.
- An ability to engage in life-long learning and an acceptance of the need to keep current of the development in the specific field of specialization.
- An ability to demonstrate original creative outputs.
- An ability to demonstrate innovativeness in their outputs.
- An ability to demonstrate client-centric service.