Bachelor of Science in Computer Science (Fully Online Program)
The BS Computer Science (BS CS) program includes the study of computing concepts and theories, algorithmic foundations and new development in computing. The program prepares students to design and create algorithmically complex software and develop new and effective algorithms for solving computing problems.
The program also includes the study of the standards and practices in Software Engineering. It prepares students to acquire skills and disciplines required for designing, writing and modifying software components, modules and applications that comprise software solutions.
Program Education Objectives
Within the five years after graduation, the graduates of BS Computer Science program shall have:
- Undertaken projects that show ability to solve complex technical problems and to work in teams on problems whose solutions lead to significant societal benefits.
- Demonstrated professional computing success via promotions and/or positions of increasing responsibility.
- Demonstrated life-long learning via progress toward completion of an advanced degree, professional development or computing related training courses and certification/s
- Undertaken projects that take into consideration safety, health, environmental concerns and the public welfare, through adherence to required codes and laws.
- Exhibited high standards of professional behaviour and attitude.
- Applied personal standards to achieve excellence.
The graduates of BS Computer Science program will have an ability to:
- Analyse a complex computing problem and to apply principles of computing and other relevant disciplines to identify solutions.
- Design, implement, and evaluate a computing-based solution to meet a given set of computing requirements in the context of the program’s discipline.
- Communicate effectively in a variety of professional contexts.
- Recognize professional responsibilities and make informed judgments in computing practice based on legal and ethical principles.
- Function effectively as a member or leader of a team engaged in activities appropriate to the program’s discipline.
- Apply computer science theory and software development fundamentals to produce computing-based solutions.
About Mapúa Digital Academics
The fully online Bachelor’s Degree Programs of Mapúa University provide students the same quality of education as their on-campus counterpart. Graduates of online degree programs experience the same outcomes-based educational approach (OBE), preparing students with competencies needed to be successful practitioners of industry in the global stage.
Students benefit from Mapúa’s leading digital education, utilizing a learning management system (LMS) called Blackboard, complemented by huge electronic databases of educational materials, Wiley Plus and Cengage. Increased learning opportunities are offered with Coursera, providing students access to 4,300 courses and certifications from 200+ globally recognized companies and universities.
With Mapúa’s Digital Academics, students have the opportunity to immerse in a rich outcomes-based and digital education environment.